Search Job Openings
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Meter Reader for our Thomaston, GA location. The ideal candidate will follow an assigned route and document the water meter readings for all the customers on that route. Additional responsibilities include ensuring that the water meters are functioning properly, changing meters and reporting any irregularities.
- Changes and repairs water meters.
- Reads meters on assigned route; ensures the proper functioning of meters; identifies irregularities and reports to supervisor.
- Records readings from meters in the hand-held computers for downloading for customer billing purposes.
- Rechecks and verifies meter readings to ensure the accuracy of readings as required.
- Reports damaged meters to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to customer questions and comments and relays complaints or feedback to supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license
- All work is performed outside
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.