Search Job Openings
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Project Manager to lead our team in Hawkinsville, GA - our newest municipal partner. We are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the 1.5 MGD water treatment and 1.0 MGD water treatment facilities, as well as maintenance and repair of the wastewater collection system, lift stations and water distribution system. The ideal candidate must possess relevant experience and hold dual-certifications in water and wastewater treatment.
At ESG, we understand water is our most valuable and life-sustaining resource. Our primary goal is ensuring a safe water supply in the communities we serve. If you want to make a positive impact on the environment, utilize cutting-edge technology and help facilitate progress, join ESG and advance your career with a dynamic, award-winning company!
- Supervise the treatment plant operators and field technicians
- Train, or is responsible for training subordinates; total staffing level is 9 FTE
- Prepare the overall project annual budget and annual report
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Recommend hiring and terminations; take appropriate disciplinary action
- Administer safety requirements and work rules
- Respond either orally or in writing to customer concerns
- Direct Water / Wastewater Treatment Division short- and long-term planning
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of an activated sludge, secondary treatment, sewage treatment facility, and water treatment of multiple wells
- Monitor the treatment operation for compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Review reports, operational data and laboratory results to verify the plant's performance
- Make frequent inspections of plants' operations, total of 4 sites
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of all reports to regulatory agencies
- Verify that preventive maintenance programs for buildings, equipment, piping and machinery occur on schedule
- Manage maintenance contracts
- Prepare or direct consultants to prepare modifications or specifications for treatment plant improvements
- Monitor laboratory quality control for operations and accreditation approval
- Order chemicals for treatment plants
- Attend Board / City Council meetings as requested
- Attend safety classes, reinforce and comply with company safety policies
- Work harmoniously with ESG employees and the public and comply with ESG policies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related science; a Professional Engineer license is helpful. Knowledge of Engineering theory, procedures and practices as it pertains to the design and construction of Water / Wastewater Treatment Plants, preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations management combined with 3-5 years' supervisory experience
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator license (or ability to acquire), highest level preferred
- Drinking Water Treatment Operator license (or ability to acquire) highest level preferred
- Working knowledge of Self-Contained Automated Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems and Asset Management Software
- Possess exemplary leadership, communications, and team-building skills.
- Confirmed experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions
- Detail-oriented work style and strong organizational skills
- Valid state driver’s license.
Compensation is commensurate with executive level experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with the latest tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.