Search Job Openings
Wastewater Operator in Training
Are you interested in a career opportunity that would combine your maintenance skills with your love of science? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you will be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
We are currently seeking a Wastewater Operator in Training in Vidalia, Georgia to join our team that is responsible for the operations of a 6.0 MGD wastewater treatment plant. We are looking for candidates with relevant work experience, preferably with a Valid Wastewater Operator License in Georgia, but will consider college graduates with a degree in chemistry, biology, or environmental science and candidates with relevant experience.
As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you will:
- Operate wastewater plants, monitor all equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility;
- Collect samples and perform various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and make process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Enter data into a computer database for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Transfer, handle,mix, and make feed adjustments for various chemicals as needed
- Perform routine maintenance tasks
- Familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- Valid Wastewater Operator License preferred but relevant education and experience will be considered
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid CDL license is helpful
- Maintenance experience is helpful
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employers and certified Drug Free Workplace.