Search Job Openings
ESG Operations is hiring an Accountant to join our corporate team in Macon, GA. We are looking for candidates with a degree in accounting or significant experience with accruals and GAAP to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines. You need to be familiar with economic and accounting principles and practices; financial markets; banking; and the analysis and reporting of financial data. We use both MS Office products and QuickBooks , we would like you to be comfortable in both or similar software.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses
- Code documents according to company procedures
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records
- Participate in Month End close
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, to include job costing
- Understanding and ability to implement necessary internal controls, GAAP
- QuickBooks and Excel experience required
- Work independently without a great need of supervision. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net. ESG Operations is an Inframark Company.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net.