Search Job Openings
Utilities Project Manager in Training
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Utilities Project Manager in Training to join our team in Douglas, GA. Under the general guidance of the Project Manager, the ideal candidate will assist with operations and management of the municipal services delivery including water and wastewater management compliance as well as public works administration. You will train to become well versed in company processes and methodologies with the goal being development into a standalone Project Manager position within the company.
As a leader with the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Contribute to development of new plans, programs, and operations to attain higher quality levels of service and/or cost saving over present conditions
- Assist in planning major capital improvement needs and corresponding revenue sources to meet expected long-range growth
- Stay abreast of technical and operational changes in the water and wastewater treatment industry
- Attend meetings along with the Project Manager, and with other City/County department leaders, Water and Sewer Authority, State and Regional officials and the public to justify, defend, negotiate, or settle matters involving significant or controversial issues with individuals or groups
- Assists in overseeing street, sidewalk, and stormwater collection system maintenance and construction
- Assists in overseeing right of way maintenance with various mowing equipment ensuring standards are met and schedules are adhered to
- Oversee and perform public relations and customer service, responding to citizens and outside agencies regarding matters relating to the project
- Define the functions and objectives of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Inspect program and project to ensure that the activities are being expeditiously and effectively accomplished and are properly utilizing personnel, equipment, and materials
- General Project administrative responsibilities include:
- Direction and coordination of subordinate supervisory staff
- Assigning and scheduling work
- Reviewing work for accuracy and clarity
- Training, instructing, coaching, and mentoring personnel in work methods
- Performing routine performance evaluations
- Using knowledge to offer recommendations for improved work performance to include performance improvement plan, disciplinary plans, etc.
- Working with internal resources to understand and resolve complaints and concerns
- Assisting in the process of interviewing candidates for vacant positions
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Engineering, Science, Business or Public Administration and five years of progressively responsible experience in one of our business lines. Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Must be willing to relocate. This role is a company orientation position with the aim of a transfer/promotion to another location within 12-24 months.
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full- service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net. ESG Operations, Inc. is an Inframark company.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace