Search Job Openings
Public Works Technician
ESG Operations is hiring a Public Works Technician to join our Hawkinsville, GA team. Our Public Works crew is responsible for projects involving landscaping and maintenance of public property. You would be responsible for operating related equipment to ensure work orders are completed correctly and on time.
- Operate equipment such as backhoes, jackhammers, chain saws, lawnmowers, chippers, leaf machines, concrete saws, paint strippers, or tractors with bush hogs
- Mow and trim assigned property; remove brush, tree limbs, and leaves with chipper and leaf machines; clean alleys and right-of-ways; trim hedges and sidewalks.
- Plant and fertilize trees, shrubs and flowers; spray for weeds. Perform cleaning tasks.
- Repair sidewalks and other concrete areas; resurfaces and repairs roadways; maintain roadway curbs, crosswalks, and stop bars; finish concrete; clear roadways of debris.
- Perform minor building repairs.
- Install and replace signage to include street signs and traffic signs.
- Clean and repair drainage structures; lay pipelines; expose existing utility lines to aid heavy equipment operator and keep the operator away from objects such as grade stakes.
- Direct and control traffic at work sites.
Prefer six months of related experience, high school diploma or GED, or specialized vocational training. Must have a valid state driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards, CDL is helpful.
ESG Operations is an equal opportunity employer. It is ESG’s intent to maintain a work environment which is free from harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, gender, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.