Search Job Openings
Utilities Inspector and Project Coordinator
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast,. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
The Utilities Inspector will have responsibility for utility construction inspection, including installation of water, sewer, storm and surface/curb systems. Job duties will also include work with grease trap and back-flow inspections. This will be a hands on position with about 70% of time spent in the field and 30% in office performing related administrative tasks. If you are a highly determined professional ready for career-developing opportunities and a commitment to improvement, please contact us.
- Enforce standards and specification requirements; enforce adherence to permit/code regulations and city, state and federal requirements; verify quality of work and materials.
- Complete project inspection reports, pay estimates, change orders and force account documentation; maintain inspection records and project documentation files.
- Review sites for issues regarding work quality and compliance with approved plans, drawings, specifications, permits, standards and codes including environment protection laws.
- Coordinate with test labs and direct materials sampling and testing. Review test results to ensure compliance; provide follow up direction concerning non-compliant materials.
- Issue stop work orders for work commencing without appropriate permits or not in compliance with prescribed standards.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of experience in construction inspection or similar field; OR
- A combination of the education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Preference to candidates that have 3 or more years' experience in utility construction inspection/installation of water, sewer, and storm water collections systems.
- Experience in grease trap and back-flow inspections helpful
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.