Search Job Openings
Are you interested in a career opportunity that would combine your hands on maintenance skills with your love of science related work? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you would be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
We are currently seeking a Wastewater Operator in Perry, Georgia. This position has responsibility for the successful operation of 6.1 MGD wastewater treatment plant. We are looking for candidates with relevant work experience, preferably with a Valid Wastewater Operator License in Georgia, but will consider college graduates with a degree in chemistry or biology. Daily activities will include routine work in the wastewater plant, basic process control decisions, minor preventive maintenance and housekeeping. If you are a highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges, please contact us.
As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you will:
- Operate wastewater plants, monitor all equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility;
- Collect samples and perform various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and make process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer data base for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Transfer various chemicals from one container to the other. Make chemical feed adjustments as necessary; Change chlorine cylinders and checks for leaks. Also adjust feed rate as required. Transport, handle and mix chemicals manually as required.
- Attend safety classes, reinforces and complies with company safety policies
- Familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- Valid Wastewater Operator License preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid CDL license, helpful but not required
- Maintenance experience preferred
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employers and certified Drug Free Workplace.