Search Job Openings
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast, currently providing operations services across the Southeastern United States. We are currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic for our Opelika, AL location. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges please contact us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostics and makes necessary repairs on vehicles and equipment, such as removing and repairing engines, transmissions or differentials; repairing brake systems; or replacing or repairing air-conditioning and heating units.
- Performs preventive maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil and filter, spark plugs, or brake pads, or rotating tires.
- Responds to emergency calls for roadside assistance for disabled vehicles.
- Installs, checks, and repairs electrical components.
- Fabricates and replaces hydraulic hoses; performs welding and burning.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, and fills holes and increases size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Experienced in Diesel engines and repairs, air brakes, hydraulic repairs and computer diagnosis.
- Test-drives vehicles to establish problem areas and to ensure proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repairs.
- Fills-out work orders on completed repair or maintenance tasks, including work performed, time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Participates in cleaning and maintenance of work area and shop equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned, as this is not an exhaustive list.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- The equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in diesel mechanic or a closely related field.
- Requires 3 years of related experience.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.