Search Job Openings
Site Safety Coordinator
Rockdale County, GA - Conyers
Are you interested starting your career in safety with a company that offers career growth potential? Are you an expert in collections & distribution or wastewater looking to take your safety knowledge to the next level? Do you value a strong team atmosphere that rewards your commitment to improvement? As a Site Safety Technician with ESG Operations’ Conyers (Rockdale County) team, you will be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your success.
The Site Safety Coordinator will have both administrative responsibilities and field inspection duties. Responsibilities will include implementing our safety rules and culture; running safety meetings; accident investigations; and documentation. The position will entail up to 50% field work (work site inspections, learning utility construction and related efforts).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate inspections to assess physical conditions and safe work practices
- Assist with the development of controls for identified hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control systems, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improvement toward elimination of work place accidents and injuries
- Conduct OSHA training for new and existing employees
- Coordinate OSHA record-keeping and reporting requirements
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports.
- Compile and prepare accident reports with assistance of senior managers. Review property and injury reports.
- Self-starter yet able to take direction
- Ensure that compliance to ESG and Rockdale County safety and vehicle policies are being maintained (independent checks as necessary
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, other ESG employees, and the public using principles of good customer service
Associates degree with 1-3 years related industry experience in safety and health management and compliance.
General construction knowledge (excavation/equipment/utilities) – familiarity with MUTCD/Traffic Control a plus
License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
Must have a valid driver’s license in Georgia.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
ESG Operations, Inc. is one of the nation’s fastest growing utility management companies. ESG Operations, Inc. is a utility operations and public works management company committed to its clients, associates, core beliefs and principles. At ESG Operations, we know that our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.