Search Job Openings
Public Works Technician
Do you have landscaping and heavy equipment experience? ? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a team member with ESG Operations in Vidalia, GA you would be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes
The Public Works Technician will complete projects involving landscape and maintenance of public property in the city of Vidalia. You would be responsible for operating related equipment to ensure work orders are completed correctly and on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Operate equipment such as backhoes, jackhammers, chain saws, lawn mowers, chippers, leaf machines, concrete saws, paint strippers, or tractors with bush hogs in compliance with ESG safety regulations.
- Mow and trim assigned property; remove brush, tree limbs, and leaves with chipper and leaf machines; clean alleys and right-of-ways; trim hedges and sidewalks.
- Plant and fertilize trees, shrubs and flowers as directed; spray for weeds in flower beds and on lawns.
- Perform cleaning tasks in assigned area, such as sweeping, mopping, emptying trash receptacles, cleaning grit screens or grates, picking up trash/debris, or hauling refuse and recycling material to landfill.
- Repair sidewalks and other concrete areas; resurface and repair roadways; maintain roadway curbs, crosswalks, and stop bars; finish concrete; clear roadways of debris.
- Perform minor building repairs, including minor electrical and plumbing repairs and/or painting tasks; assist with maintenance of departmental equipment; fuel trucks.
- Assist in sodding and landscaping property as well as storm clean up; repair fences; remove animal carcasses from roadways.
- Clean and repair drainage structures; lay pipelines; expose existing utility lines to aid heavy equipment operator, and keep operator away from objects such as grade stakes.
- Direct and control traffic at work sites.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have valid GA driver’s license, CDL preferred but not required
- Six months of related experience
- Strong attention to detail work style with commitment to improvement
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.