Search Job Openings
Public Works Coordinator
As Public Works Coordinator, you will provide leadership to a crew(s) of workers and assure that work projects are completed in accordance with plans and specifications. You will focus on completing a variety of work in the general maintenance of streets, building maintenance, grounds at various facilities/sites or locations around the City of Winder, while making sure proper processes and safety are carried out properly.
- Provide leadership to public works’ crews; schedules and directs work of skilled and semi-skilled workers; trains new employees as needed; resolves work quality or personality conflicts with crew members.
- Perform lead activities with assigned crew, including record keeping of work accomplished such as hours worked, materials, equipment and related issues. Assist with employee evaluations and Recommend disciplinary action.
- Performs light to heavy manual labor and/or unskilled to semi-skilled tasks to assist with removal of trash and debris and/or construction, maintenance, replacement, and repair of City streets, sidewalks, landscaping and/or signage.
- Operate and maintain truck and equipment; perform inspections of equipment and provides for service and maintenance. Work with various chemicals and/or materials.
- Observe safe-working practices, including maintaining storage areas in a safe condition. Participate in the set up of safety devices on job sites such as setting out of flags, cones and signs and other traffic control devices.
- Participate in special City events as required.
High School diploma or GED
- Valid Georgia CDL or ability to obtain
- Two (2) years of experience in construction/landscaping/maintenance
- Horticulture/turf management experience preferred
- Ability to work on call and overtime as required or scheduled (evenings, weekends and/or holidays, if necessary)
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.