Search Job Openings
ESG Operations, Inc. is currently seeking a Water Operator to work night shift in Perry, GA. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges please contact us.
The Water Operator position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of water treatment facilities during an assigned shift. Duties include operating plant machines and equipment, injecting chemicals to purify water, conducting laboratory tests of water and maintaining facilities and grounds. We are looking for a licensed operator, but will consider applicants with a related experience or degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Sciences.
As part of the ESG team in Perry, GA, the Water Operator will:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjust controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Clean systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Record reservoir water elevation, power consumption and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
- Conduct water treatment activities to include adding appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulate flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post treatment and operates agitators
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Housekeeping duties to include: Cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility
- Calibrate all meters that they will be required to utilize through the course of the shift
- Collect samples and performs various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and make process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer data base for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Monitor and observe treatment process for offensive matter; inspect equipment and monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect problems
- Transfer various chemicals from one container to the other. Make chemical feed adjustments as necessary
- Change chlorine cylinders and check for leaks; adjust feed rate as required. Transport, handle and mix chemicals manually as required.
- Must be willing to work nights
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license
- Must have a Water Treatment Operator Certification or the ability to obtain
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.