Search Job Openings
Wastewater Operator - All Levels
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Miscroft Edge browsers. Pop ups are required.
Are you interested in a career opportunity that would combine your hands on maintenance skills with your love of science? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you would be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
We are currently seeking a Wastewater Operator in Elgin, South Carolina. This position has responsibility for the successful operation of 6.0 MGD and 2.0 MGD wastewater treatment plants. We are looking for candidates with relevant work experience, preferably with a Valid Wastewater Operator License in South Carolina, but will consider college graduates with a degree in chemistry or biology. Daily activities will include routine work in the wastewater plant, basic process control decisions, minor preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you will:
- Operate wastewater plants, monitor all equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility;
- Collect samples and perform various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and make process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer data base for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Transfer various chemicals from one container to the other. Make chemical feed adjustments as necessary; Change chlorine cylinders and checks for leaks. Also adjust feed rate as required. Transport, handle and mix chemicals manually as required.
- Attend safety classes, reinforces and complies with company safety policies
- Familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- Valid Wastewater Operator License preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Maintenance experience preferred
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employers and certified Drug Free Workplace.