Search Job Openings
Water Operator in Training
Forsyth County, GA - Suwanee
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Goggle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop up windows are required.
ESG Operations, Inc. is currently seeking a Water Operator in Training for our Forsyth, GA project. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges please contact us.
This position is responsible for the basic cleaning, painting, scrubbing weirs and basins, minor maintenance tasks, and grounds maintenance of water plants and well stations. This position is also recognized as the “entry level” position that is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water facilities. Duties include operating plant machines and equipment, injecting chemicals to purify water, conducting laboratory test of water and monitoring plant controls, adjusting valves and gates, conducting laboratory testing and maintaining well pump stations as well as the plants.
Operates water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operates pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitors panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cleans systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Records reservoir water elevation, power consumption and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
Conducts water treatment activities to include:
- Adds appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulates flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Adds appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post treatment and operates agitators
- Records chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
Maintains, cleans and stocks materials on trucks and equipment. Housekeeping duties to include: Cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility.
High School Diploma or GED
License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain the minimum certification as a Georgia Water Treatment Plant Operator within one year of hire
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.