Search Job Openings
Field Services Manager
Rockdale County, GA - Conyers
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge browers. Pop-up windows are required.
Are you a manager with experience in wastewater collections and distribution looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about Water, Wastewater and Public Works? Are you a "hands on" leader who enjoys the rewards and challenges of operations and maintenance? As Field Services Manager with ESG Operations, you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
The Field Services Manager will oversee operations of wastewater collections or water distribution system. Responsibilities will include staff supervision, wastewater collection system, or water distribution. We are looking for candidates willing to work overtime and on-call when necessary for emergencies.
As Field Services Manager, you would be part of our team in Conyers (Rockdale County), GA and would:
- Perform inspections of collection and/ or distribution systems for compliance
- Interact with customers to provide information, discuss collection and distribution system-related issues/concerns, resolve complaints, and receive feedback.
- Supervise and perform repairs on gravity lines and pressure force mains; repair and installation of manholes; conduct CCTV inspections; clean gravity lines with high pressure jetter; utilize levels to check grades and ensure compliance with specifications.
- Plan and organize activities including prioritizing, scheduling and assigning tasks while ensuring compliance with departmental safety standards.
- Supervise four crews, including training and providing for technical or professional development, selecting or recommending selection, evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and terminating or recommending termination.
- Operate motor vehicles and equipment under all types of weather conditions to include backhoe, laser, transit, quick cut saw, tapping machine, hand tools, cleaning equipment, painting equipment, lawn equipment, front-end loader, dump truck, power saw and jackhammer. Monitor maintenance and repairs of equipment; perform welding as needed.
- Maintain record system and gather information/ data to support report generation; process daily paperwork including reports, memos, requisitions, and personnel information.
- Oversee and assist with miscellaneous projects as directed, such as masonry work, landscaping, line location, patching roads, clearing debris, constructing building pads, maintaining right-of-ways, or building and maintaining drains and boxes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in construction, heavy equipment operation, business management or closely related field.
- Five years of experience in sewer and water construction and maintenance, equipment operations, truck driving or manual labor including reading diagrams and schematics
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) in Georgia
- Knowledge of construction and operation of collection/distribution systems including various types of pipe and equipment used in repair and installation of the sewer and water systems
- Active Georgia Wastewater Collections Operator license
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, we know that our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.