Search Job Openings
Water Operator in Training
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge browers. Pop-up windows are required.
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Water Operator in Training to work in a cross training role with our Meter Reading department in Waycross, GA.
In this role, your daily responsibilities will include water operations at our two water facilities and meter reading work in the community. Related water operations duties include operating plant machines and equipment, injecting chemicals to purify water, conducting laboratory test of water and monitoring plant controls, adjusting valves and gates, conducting laboratory testing and maintaining well pump stations as well as the plants. Meter reader duties will include changing, reading and troubleshooting meters in the community.
As a member of the ESG Operations, you will:
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water
- Conduct water treatment activities including adding chemicals and regulating water flow
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Troubleshoot, change, and turn meter service off/on work-order based system
- Read meters on route with hand held radio read device and manually
- Maintain clean and stock materials on trucks and equipment.
- Housekeeping duties that include cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility.
- High School Diploma or GED, advanced degree in related field preferred
- Valid GA driver’s license
- Valid Georgia Water Treatment Plant Operator license or able to obtain within one year of hire
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.