Search Job Openings
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Goggle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop up windows are required.
We are currently recruiting for a GIS Specialist to support our ESG Engineering team in Macon, Georgia. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional anxious for career-developing opportunities and challenges, please contact us.
This position is responsible for operating GIS software to support the design, development and implementation of project solutions. You will work performing field work and in a consulting role to develop new and improve existing GIS databases for municipal clients. You will also work closely with a team of engineers on projects consisting primarily of water, wastewater and/or storm water infrastructure improvements, with some road and site development work. AutoCAD or similar drafting experience is preferable, but not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in GIS software, specifically ARCGIS products including ArcView and ArcMap
- Strong Computer Skills and Technical Capabilities
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Google Earth and Outlook
- Ability to actively communicate with engineers/designers
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work with very little supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to proactively engage designer with questions and concerns about project
- Experience with AutoCAD software, preferable but not required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, geography, GIS, engineering, planning, mathematics, government or related field is preferred OR
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a GIS Technician
- Experience collecting GPS for use in ARC products is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license in Georgia
- Some travel may be required
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.