Search Job Openings
Water Operations Manager
Forsyth County, GA - Suwanee
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Goggle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop up windows are required.
Water Operations Manager
ESG Operations, Inc.
Are you a Water Treatment Plant Operations and Maintenance expert ready for the next step in your career? At ESG Operations, we know that our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges, we want to talk to you!
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
We are currently seeking a Water Operations Manager for our Forsyth County, Georgia location. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of a 28 MGD Surface Water water treatment plant with Membrane and Superpulsator technology. We are looking for "hands-on" candidates with a Class 1 license and experience running Membrane plants. You will also need leadership and compliance experience.
Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant to also include:
- Trains subordinate personnel in work technique and equipment operating procedures.
- Operates pumps, control panels, chlorinators, filters, gas and electric motors and other water plant equipment.
- Makes routine chemical and bacteriological analyses according to prescribed methods and at specified times.
- Takes and records readings of water consumption; checks charts on level gauges and flow meters.
- Cleans plant equipment and sedimentation basin, back-washes filters as needed.
- Makes budget and capital improvement recommendations
Administrative responsibilities to include:
- Coordinates water treatment operations with state and federal representatives.
- Maintains compliance with all state and federal agencies at all times.
- Prepares and submits all state and federal reports on time.
- Understands all emergency procedures as outlined by EPD and the city.
- Well versed in issues that may be associated with water treatment systems such as contamination, drought, fire protection, or terrorism.
- Assigns and schedules work for 24 hours of operation at the water treatment plant.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in water treatment or any combination of education, experience and training at a facility no less than 3.0 MGD in size which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must have a valid GA drivers license
- Must have the highest level Water License or be able to obtain
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be offered.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Certified Drug-Free Workplace.