Search Job Openings
Wastewater Operations Manager
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop-up windows are required.
Wastewater Treatment Operations Manager
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Wastewater Operations Manager for our team in Vicksburg, MS. This position will be responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of a 10 MGD wastewater treatment plant. We are looking for a "hands on" style manager with a Class 4 level (or highest level with reciprocity) Mississippi Wastewater Operator license and experience managing wastewater plant. You will need to have experience leading teams in wastewater treatment plants operating with activated sludge technology.
As a manager with the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Oversee successful operations and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant while ensuring compliance with state and federal permits and regulations.
- Supervise staff, including interview, recommend selection, train, assign work, evaluate work, counsel, discipline, and prepare periodic employee evaluations.
- Schedule and assign tasks, ensure compliance with company safety standards.
- Assist staff with execution and/or completion of tasks such as testing of wastewater or maintaining grounds as required.
- Oversee, supervise and perform maintenance and repair of facilities; monitor plant expansions to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Perform administrative tasks related to operations, personnel, safety, and compliance.
- Oversee and approve expenditures for area of responsibility, under a set dollar limit; purchases operating materials.
- Gather and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in wastewater treatment or any combination of education, experience and training
- 5 years experience with management of wastewater plant operations
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Class 4 Mississippi Wastewater Operator or have ability to get Class 4 license through reciprocity
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be offered.
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.