Search Job Openings
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Goggle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop up windows are required.
Utility Director (Water & Wastewater) - Waycross, Georgia
Are you driven to succeed in your career in Utilities Management? Are you a "hands on" leader who enjoys the rewards and challenges of operations and maintenance contract management? Are you interested in leading a team of people to personal and group success while assuring customer satisfaction? As Utility Director (Water & Wastewater) with ESG Operations, you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations, Inc. is actively seeking a Utility Director for our Waycross, GA Project. In this position, you will be the leader of the Operations and Management of the City's 5 MGD water system, 6.7 MGD wastewater system, and collection & distribution systems. You will also be responsible for the management of 26 full time staff. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for growth opportunities and challenges, please contact us for further information or apply online at www.esginc.net.
With over 700 employees and 25 offices located throughout the Southeast, ESG Operations is one of the nation’s fastest growing utility operations and public works management companies. Our success is based not only on our unique blend of skills and real-world, hands-on experience, but also on an unparalleled commitment to our clients, our associates, and our core beliefs and principles.
As part of the ESG Operations team, the Waycross Utility Director will be responsible for:
- Be point of contact for ESG Operations, Inc with the local client, including building relationships with client contacts and community.
- Managing a multi-discipline work team providing operations, maintenance, and management of wastewater and water treatment departments, wastewater collections and water distribution.
- Analyzing operational process control procedures, maintenance procedures, and instituting changes when necessary to achieve full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements as defined in the service contract with the client.
- Maintaining accurate operational records and preparing reports required by the client and all regulatory agencies.
- Inspecting facilities, evaluating O&M functions, reviewing records and data, interviewing and selecting new personnel, and initiating and recommending new or improved methods or practices.
- Ensuring compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulations and policies.
- Attending Council meetings and representing the Client and ESG with State and Federal agencies.
We are seeking an experienced “hands-on” Utility Director with the following:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in water/wastewater treatment.
- Georgia Class 1 Wastewater and Class 1 Water Operators License (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Possess exemplary leadership, communications, and team-building skills.
- Strong detail-oriented work style and strong organizational skills.
- Proven experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.