Search Job Openings
Forsyth County, GA - Suwanee
APPLY NOW Our system works best with Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers. Pop-up windows are required.
Are you a licensed water operator looking the next step in your career? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a water operator with ESG Operations you would be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
We are currently seeking a licensed Water Operator in Forsyth County, GA. This position has responsibility for the successful operation of the 28 mgd water treatment plant. You will need to have hands on maintenance experience, strong attention to detail, experience with data collection and experience in a lab environment. We are looking for you to have meaningful work experience, preferably with a Class I or II Water Operator License in Georgia. If you are a highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges, please contact us.
As a Water Operator with ESG Operations, you will:
- Monitor all process, equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards.
- Collect and record data for record maintenance and reporting to designated state agencies.
- Operate water pumping mechanisms,monitor panel boards, and adjust controls to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts.
- Conducts water treatment activities to include adding appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals and regulating flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Records chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals.
- Perform housekeeping duties to include: Cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility.
- Calibrate all meters that they will be required to utilize through the course of the shift
- Collect samples and performs various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and makes process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter the data into a computer data base yo produce periodic and special reports
- Monitor and observe treatment process for offensive matter; inspect equipment and monitors operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect problems.
- Make chemical feed adjustments as necessary. Change chlorine cylinders and check for leaks and adjust feed rate as required.
- You will need to be familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- A valid Class II or higher Georgia Water Operator License, dual certification with Wastewater Operator license very helpful
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintenance experience preferred
- Strong detailed work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.