Search Job Openings
Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Technician
Seasonal Ground Maintenance Technicians
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations, Inc is currently hiring Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Technicians to work in Savannah as part of our team based in Hinesville, GA. We are looking for candidates available to work starting August 1,2020 through the end of the 2020 season (approximately 2-3 months) with the potential for future seasonal employment.
In this position you will:
- Operate equipment such as backhoes, jackhammers, chain saws, lawn mowers, chippers, leaf machines, weed eaters, concrete saws, paint strippers, or tractors with bush hogs in compliance with OSHA and ESG safety regulations.
- Mow and trim assigned property; remove brush, tree limbs, and leaves with chipper and leaf machines; clean alleys and right-of-ways; trim hedges and sidewalks.
- Plant and fertilize trees, shrubs and flowers as directed; spray for weeds in flower beds and on lawns.
- Perform cleaning tasks in assigned area, such as sweeping, mopping, emptying trash receptacles, cleaning grit screens or grates, picking up trash/debris, or hauling refuse and recycling material to landfill.
- Repair sidewalks and other concrete areas; resurface and repair roadways; maintain roadway curbs, crosswalks, and stop bars; finish concrete; clear roadways of debris.
- Performs minor building repairs, including minor electrical and plumbing repairs and/or painting tasks; assist with maintenance of departmental equipment; fuel trucks.
- Assist in sodding and landscaping property; assist with storm clean up; repair fences; remove animal carcasses from roadways.
- Clean and repair drainage structures; lay pipelines; expose existing utility lines to aid heavy equipment operator and keep operator away from obstacles
- Assist with the installation, cleaning and maintenance of roadway traffic and informational signs
- Assist with the preparation of public events, festivals, parades and ceremonies, including installation of decorations, assembling stages and structures, and maintaining garbage disposal bins during an event.
- Direct and control traffic at work sites.
- Attend safety classes, reinforce and comply with company safety policies.
- Work harmoniously with ESG employees and the public and comply with all ESG policies.
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Flagger experience helpful
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.