Search Job Openings
Senior Wastewater Operations Specialist
Are you an expert in Wastewater Operations looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking for the opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to shape multiple teams’ success? Are you driven to succeed with a “hands-on” style of leadership? As a Wastewater Operation’s Specialist with ESG Operations, you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations is actively seeking a Senior Wastewater Operations Specialist to join our corporate team based in Macon, GA in a new position created by company growth. In this position, you would be part of a team with managerial level responsibility for the administration and long-term planning of our Wastewater Division. You would be actively involved in ensuring compliance of multiple wastewater plant operations, treatment and maintenance; including personnel, financial, and capital improvement project management. We are looking for candidates with ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in water pollution control system operations, as well as maintenance development and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems; including five (5) years of supervisory responsibility such as supervising, mentoring, and coaching employees. This position requires overnight travel.
With over 800 employees and 25 offices located throughout the Southeast, ESG Operations is one of the nation’s fastest growing utility operations and public works management companies. Our success is based not only on our unique blend of skills and real-world, hands-on experience, but also on an unparalleled commitment to our clients, our associates, and our core beliefs and principles.
- Maintain full regulatory compliance in all areas of the Wastewater Division while making sure Operations activities ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Direct the preparation and submittal of detailed wastewater quality reports to various Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies; monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of customer service levels and product delivery methods.
- Maintain current electronic technology associated to the wastewater industry; Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA); operations datebase, work orders; statistics or any other related technical aspect.
- Establish goals, objectives, schedules, and methods of wastewater treatment,; make recommendations and assist in the development of long-range plans; conduct special studies to determine areas of improvements and/or new programs; assist in feasibility studies and implements programs as directed.
- Assist the Engineering Division in the preparation and review of plans and specifications for new development and enhanced opportunities for water pollution control system improvements. Maintains awareness of wastewater infrastructure construction best practices and industry standards.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and specifications; inspect completed projects, systems, and installations for compliance with plans and specifications as prepared.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; recommend and implement employee discipline.
- Investigate and review accidents involving Wastewater Division personnel and equipment.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, biology, chemistry, or a related field.
- Requires the highest possible wastewater license.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
- Knowledge and experience with Industrial waste and its effects to facility waste stream including administering an Industrial Pre-Treatment Program (IPP); Wastewater permit specifics and limitations; Operating various related process control and laboratory equipment; and Evaluating operating parameters and adjusting plant processes
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long-term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.