Search Job Openings
Public Works Manager
Are you a customer service oriented Public Works expert looking for the next step in your career? Are you a team-builder with experience guiding multiple teams to success? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As Public Works Manager with ESG Operations, Inc’s Tifton, GA team you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
As Public Works Manager for our Tifton, GA team you will be a hands-on leader of a team of 30 full-time employees. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a team providing contract operations, maintenance, and management of the street, vehicle maintenance, traffic control, landscape maintenance and storm water departments.
As part of the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Manage a multi-discipline Public Works work team, including Street, Vehicle Maintenance, Traffic Control, Landscape Maintenance and Storm Water Utility Departments.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and evaluates the work of the Public Works Department. Oversees and manages of the day-to-day operations of the Department
- Directs and evaluates public works supervisors in the daily operations of the department.
- Ensure customer and client satisfaction through development and implementation of strategies that lead to improved customer experience, resolution of issues, and quality of service.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Assures safety of all employees and completion of jobs in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulations and policies.
We are seeking an experienced “hands-on” Manager with:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in Public Works Operations.
- Georgia CDL License (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Exemplary leadership, communications, and team-building skills.
- Detail-oriented work style and strong organizational skills.
- Proven experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the art, environmentally-sound solutions for our partners. We are a cutting-edge company that prides itself in being a leader in utility operations and public works management.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be offered.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.