Search Job Openings
Senior Water Operations Specialist
Are you a Drinking Water Plant Operations expert looking for the next step in your career? Would you enjoy using your knowledge and experience in surface water and groundwater systems to guide others to success? Are you driven to succeed in your career and enjoy solving everyday challenges? With ESG Operations, you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations is actively seeking a Senior Water Operations Specialist to join our corporate team based in Macon, GA in a new position created by company growth. In this position, you would have managerial level responsibility as part of the team responsible for the administration and long-term planning of our Water Division.
You would be actively involved in ensuring compliance at multiple drinking water plants by guiding operations, treatment and maintenance; including personnel, financial, and capital improvement project management. We are looking for candidates with responsible experience in water system operations, maintenance and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems; including supervisory responsibility such as supervising, mentoring, and coaching employees. This position requires frequent overnight travel.
You will need:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, business or public administration, chemistry, or a related field.
- Requires the highest possible Water license.
- Ten (10) years of experience in water system operations, maintenance and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems; including five (5) years of supervisory responsibility. Experience in Surface Water and Groundwater a plus.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
- Knowledge and experience with principles and methods of surface water treatment and groundwater treatment with knowledge of lab analysis as related to water treatment.
- General knowledge of engines, pumps, valves, motors, and related equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with Water permit specifics and limitations as well as backflow devices and required locations.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long-term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations, Inc. provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.