Search Job Openings
Senior Water Operations Specialist
Are you a Drinking Water Plant Operations expert looking for the next step in your career? Would you enjoy using your knowledge and experience in surface water and ground water systems to guide others to success? Are you driven to succeed in your career and enjoy solving everyday challenges? As a Senior Water Operation’s Specialist with ESG Operations, you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations is actively seeking a Senior Water Operations Specialist to join our corporate team based in Macon, GA in a new position created by company growth. In this position, you would be part of a team with managerial level responsibility for the administration and long-term planning of our Water Division. You would be actively involved in ensuring compliance at multiple drinking water plants by guiding operations, treatment and maintenance; including personnel, financial, and capital improvement project management. We are looking for candidates with ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in water system operations, maintenance and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems; including five (5) years of supervisory responsibility such as supervising, mentoring, and coaching employees. This position requires overnight travel.
With over 800 employees and 25 offices located throughout the Southeast, ESG Operations is one of the nation’s fastest growing utility operations and public works management companies. Our success is based not only on our unique blend of skills and real-world, hands-on experience, but also on an unparalleled commitment to our clients, our associates, and our core beliefs and principles.
- Maintain full regulatory compliance in all areas of the Water Division; Review activities to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Directs the preparation and submittal of detailed water quality reports to various Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of customer service levels and product delivery methods.
- Maintain current electronic technology associated to the water industry; Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA); customer billing; water usage; work orders; statistics or any other related technical aspect.
- Establish goals, objectives, schedules, and methods of water treatment, distribution and quality; make recommendations and assist in the development of long-range plans; conducts special studies to determine areas of improvements and/or new programs; assist in feasibility studies and implements programs as directed.
- Review customer inquiries, complaints, changes to service levels, and driver route logs; approve billing memoranda to ensure division maintains proper procedures, accuracy, and responsiveness to customers; response by telephone or in person to citizen inquiries, requests, and complaints; implement remedial actions as required.
- Assist the Engineering Division in the preparation and review of plans and specifications for new development and enhanced opportunities for water system improvements. Maintains awareness of water infrastructure construction best practices and industry standards.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and specifications; inspect completed projects, systems, and installations for compliance with plans and specifications as prepared. Assist in the review of plans and service requirements for proposed residential and commercial development ensuring incorporation of specified construction requirements.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provides or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; recommend and implement employee discipline.
- Investigate and review accidents involving Water Division personnel and equipment.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, business or public administration, chemistry, or a related field.
- Requires the highest possible Water license.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in water system operations, maintenance and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems; including five (5) years of supervisory responsibility. Experience in Surface Water and Ground Water a plus.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
- Knowledge and experience with principles and methods of surface water treatment and groundwater treatment with knowledge of lab analysis as related to water treatment.
- General knowledge of engines, pumps, valves, motors, and related equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with Water permit specifics and limitations as well as backflow devices and required locations.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long-term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.