Search Job Openings
Water Operator in Training
Forsyth County, GA - Suwanee
Are you interested in a career opportunity that would combine your maintenance skills with your love of science? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? As a Water Operator in Training with ESG Operations, Inc. you will be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
The Water Operator in Training position is an as “entry level” position that is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water facilities. Duties include operating plant machines and equipment, injecting chemicals to purify water, conducting laboratory test of water and monitoring plant controls, adjusting valves and gates, conducting laboratory testing and maintaining well pump stations as well as the plants. It is a utility technician role that is also responsible for basic cleaning, painting, scrubbing basins, minor maintenance tasks, and grounds maintenance of water plants and well stations.
Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Clean systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Record reservoir water elevation, power consumption and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
Conduct water treatment activities to include:
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulate flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post treatment and operates agitators
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Maintain, clean and stock materials on trucks and equipment.
Perform housekeeping duties to include cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility.
- High School Diploma or GED, advanced studies preferred
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license
- Maintenance experience helpful
- Must be able to obtain the minimum certification as a Georgia Water Treatment Plant Operator within one year of hire
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations, Inc. provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email email@example.com for more information.