Search Job Openings
Do you enjoy safety implementation, training, and travel? Are you an organized and efficient manager of safety policies with experience working with DOT regulations? Are you a “hands-on” person that enjoys working in a team environment? As Safety Manager with ESG Operations, Inc. you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in your company and community. Apply today at esginc.net.
The Safety & Risk Management Manager will work at the ESG Operations, Inc. Corporate Office in Macon, GA under the direction of our Corporate Safety Director. You will conduct field safety inspections; conduct safety training and be integral in the implementation of ESG Corporate Safety Policies and Risk Management Program. We are looking for you to be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote an effective safety program for ESG Operations, Inc.; measure all risks of accidental loss; implement policies, procedures, rules, and regulations related to safety and risk management.
- Coordinate and/or conduct related safety training and education programs; instruct employees in safe and sanitary working methods, standards, and practices and in possible hazards; conduct regular and special safety and sanitation classes; promote safety awareness campaigns.
- Inspect facilities, materials handling, equipment operations and job sites of all departments to identify hazards and liabilities; consult, confer and provide assistance to departments on employee safety-related matters; identify causes and trends for accidents, injuries and losses.
- Assist with the maintenance of accident-injury records and related costs and loss in coordination with existing systems and reporting; maintain departmental safety reporting system to include reports and follow-up.
- Assist with the administration of ESG’s Risk Management Program including conducting safety inspections to ensure a safe work environment for employees and Drug-Free Workplace compliance.
- Maintain knowledge and technical proficiency of safety, risk management, and all related federal, state and local laws and ordinances; applies principles and methods of safety engineering; understands the operation of equipment used and materials handled or can readily acquire such information.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but will accept experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ year of experience in safety and risk management
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Willing to work in both a professional office and utility setting
- Required travel – up to 50%
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes generous benefits and a bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations, Inc. provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally sound solutions for our client's unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training, and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.