Search Job Openings
Public Works Director
Are you looking for a challenge and opportunity to take the next step in your career as a Public Works professional? Are you driven to succeed in your career and looking for an opportunity that provides potential for advancement? Are you a "hands on" leader who enjoys the rewards and challenges of maintaining your community’s infrastructure? Are you interested in leading a team of people to personal and group success while assuring customer satisfaction? As Public Works Director with ESG Operations you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
We are seeking a highly motivated Public Works Director for locations in Georgia that will manage a multi-discipline team of 20-60 employees providing full service Public Works. You will be responsible for project leadership; planning; training; maintenance, procuring of equipment; and related administrative functions, including reporting. The scope of a typical ESG public works project includes operations and maintenance of streets, drainage, R/W & grounds, fleet and mosquito control, with some projects also including solid waste and wastewater collection and water distribution.
As Public Works Director, you would be part of the ESG Operations team and would:
- Direct operations for the Public Works Department, including setting the vision for the project, organizing, interviewing, training, evaluating, and counseling department staff.
- Evaluate operations and maintenance procedures through inspection and review of records and data. Initiate and recommend new or improved methods or practices.
- Collaborates with corporate management to develop short- and long-range plans relating to budgeting, personnel, and equipment; oversees implementation of plans.
- Ensure compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulations, and policies as well as the internal policies and procedures of the Company.
- Prepares and presents reports on technical and legal issues; prepares periodic and special reports on departmental activities and makes presentations.
- Attend Council meetings and representing the Client and ESG with State and Federal agencies. Perform public relations with the community and provide customer service, responding to citizens and outside agencies regarding matters relating to the Public Works Department.
- Represents ESG day-to-day at the project level with client (City Manager, Mayor and Council)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, public administration, business administration or a closely related field preferred.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Confirmed experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to government and private sector entities across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success.
Learn more about ESG Operations, Inc. and our other opportunities at http://esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.