Search Job Openings
Lead Water Operator
Are you a licensed water operator looking for the next step in your career? Do you value a strong team atmosphere at a company that rewards your commitment to improvement? Are you passionate about your work and determined to be successful? If this sounds like you, apply today at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Lead Water Operator in Barnesville, Georgia. You will need to have hands-on maintenance experience, strong attention to detail, experience with data collection, and experience in a lab environment. We are looking for you to have meaningful work experience in a Water Treatment Facility with a highest-level Water Operator License.
As a Lead Water Operator with ESG Operations, you will:
- Assist in the review of operational data with supervisory staff and direct a crew of operators
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines, and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Clean systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Record reservoir water elevation, power consumption, and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
- Conduct water treatment activities to include:
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulate flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post-treatment and operates agitators.
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Conduct laboratory analysis of raw and treated water to determine and correct imbalances
- Draw samples of raw and treated water at regular intervals for testing
- Conduct pH, chlorine residual, fluoride residual, turbidity, total coliform, hardness, and alkalinity laboratory tests
- Add appropriate chemicals to treated water to correct chemical imbalances
- Maintain, cleans, and stocks materials on trucks and equipment. Housekeeping duties include: Cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment, and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer database and on paper for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- 5+ years of experience in a Water Operator role
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- Valid Georgia Class I Water Operator License or ability to receive within 6 months of employment
- Experience with Trident Microfloc clarifications systems preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.