Search Job Openings
Wastewater Operator in Training
ESG Operations is currently seeking Wastewater Operator or Operator in Training in Vicksburg, MS to join our team. We are looking for candidates with a valid Wastewater Operators license in Mississippi but will consider college graduates with a degree in chemistry, biology, or environmental science as well as candidates with relevant experience.
As a Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations you will:
- Operate wastewater plants, monitor all equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility;
- Collect samples and perform various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and make process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Enter data into a computer database for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Transfer, handle,mix, and make feed adjustments for various chemicals as needed
- Perform routine maintenance tasks
- Familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- Mississippi Wastewater Operator License and/or Certification Coursework required within one year
- High school diploma or GED with advanced degree in science field preferred
- Maintenance experience is helpful
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net