Search Job Openings
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic for our Opelika, AL location. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges contact us. Join ESG and build a career with a growing company!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will:
- Perform diagnostics and make necessary repairs on vehicles and equipment, such as removing and repairing engines, transmissions or differentials; repairing brake systems; or replacing or repairing air-conditioning and heating units.
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil and filter, spark plugs, or brake pads, or rotating tires.
- Respond to emergency calls for roadside assistance for disabled vehicles.
- Install, check, and repair electrical components.
- Fabricate and replace hydraulic hoses; perform welding and burning.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, and fill holes and increase size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag or spatter using hand scraper or power chipper, portable grinder or arc-cutting equipment.
- Test-drive vehicles to establish problem areas and to ensure proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repairs.
- Fill-out work orders on completed repair or maintenance tasks, including work performed, time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Participate in cleaning and maintenance of work area and shop equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- The equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in automotive mechanic or a closely related field
- 5 years of related experience
- Valid state Commercial Driver’s License
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes generous benefits and a bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations/Inframark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email email@example.com for more information.