ESG’s relationship with the City of Opelika began in 2005. With a staff of 67 employees, the scope of responsibilities includes full service Public Works including facility and fleet maintenance, operations and management of the wastewater facilities, lift stations and fleet maintenance. ESG was able to save the City over $748,000 during the first year of the contract through the implementation of ESG’s Asset Management Plan.
ESG is proud to sponsor and support many of the local, civic and charitable organizations including Rotary Club, the Opelika bulldogs high school football team, and the Billy Hitchcock Miracle Field, providing a sports environment for persons with special needs.
Facilities Operated and Maintained
- 9 MGD Wastewater Treatment System
- 24 lift stations
- 250 miles of collection
- 220 miles of streets
- 50 miles of sewer right of ways
- 500 acres of right of ways
- 320 vehicles
- 42 signal lights
- 77 acres of cemeteries
- 400,000 square feet of buildings
- 3 cemeteries
59,00 square miles
- Reduced work order backlog from 3,500 to zero in 90 days.
- Recovered over $2,000,000 in unbilled revenue for the City of Opelika.
- Reduced citizen complaints by 98%.
- Rebate given to City of Opelika each year in excess of $100,000.
- Zero non-compliance issues in 7 years for wastewater.
- Sold surplus of 43 vehicles and various equipment resulting in reduction of fuel and insurance costs.