ESG’s relationship with the City of Perry began in July 2006 when ESG assumed operation of the City’s aging WPCP. ESG successfully partnered with the City to upgrade the wastewater treatment plant from a split-stream trickling filter to a fully functioning activated sludge treatment plant. ESG’s relationship with the City expanded in July 2007 when ESG was awarded operation of the City’s two water treatment facilities and again in November 2008, when ESG was asked to take over the City’s collection and distribution department along with the Industrial Pretreatment Program.
ESG/Perry is the recipient of numerous industry awards including Plant of the Year, Collection System of the Year and Safety Plant of the Year. ESG is a proud sponsor of many local civic, professional, and faith-based organizations specializing in helping underprivileged children.
Facilities Operated and Maintained
- 6.1 MGD Wastewater Plant
- 12 lift stations
- 3.0 MGD Water Treatment Plant
- 2.0 MGD Water Treatment Plant
- 5 elevated water storage tanks (300,000–500,000 gallons)
- 83 miles of collection
- 128 miles of distribution
- 2,200 manholes
- 83 hydrants
16.4 square miles
- Reduced I/I by over 80% and created a $1.1 million savings.
- Assisted with revisions to existing Sewer Use Ordinance.
- Assisted City with revisions to the Water and Sewer Standard Specifications, specifically wastewater pump stations.
- Assisted City with design criteria to upgrade the wastewater treatment plant from 3.0 MGD to 4.5 MGD at no cost to the City.
- Completed upgrades at three sewage pump stations to increase pumping capacities to meet current growth of the City.
- Reduced water loss from 41% to 14%